- This event has passed.
Fight Back for KIDS Pizza and Fun Night- Ages 7–12 years
June 29, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$40.00
KIDS AGES 7–12 YEARS
Join us on June 29 from 6–9pm for an awesome evening of fun!
The KIDS acronym stands for “Keeping our Children Informed, Defensible and Safer.” Our motto for this program is “Enlighten Not Frighten.”
We will play games, eat pizza, and learn realistic self protection techniques. Kris will deliver a combination of Safe KIDS for Kids and Fight back for Kids along with fun drills that will reinforce the basic techniques for child self-protection making children safer. Yes, safer as nothing is 100%!
This class will teach your child the basic skills to keep them safe from someone who wants to cause them harm. The goal of this program is not to turn children into playground brutes or bullies but instead give them the knowledge and skills to help protect themselves in real life situations to which someone wants to cause them harm. The physical skills are designed to be simple, realistic, usable, retainable, and most of all… Fun!
- A child’s 6 special powers of self protection
- Develop Assertiveness Skills
- Street safety rules
- Home alone rules
- I’m lost / in trouble rules
- Safe places when help is needed
- It’s my body rules
- Good touching vs. bad touching
- Realistic physical and verbal strategies
Comfortable clothing and footwear is recommended.
Limited spot available. Please register below.
Note: Registration is non refundable or transferable.
- Location: This fun night will take place at Emery Hall located at 537 Glencairn Lane. Turn left on Glencairn Lane from Yeta Terrace. Follow Glencairn Lane around the bend to the rear parking lot between the Hall and the church.
- Parents- Please attend in person for drop off as a waiver must be signed and contact information must be provided in the case of an emergency.
- Children- Please wear athletic shoes and comfortable clothing. Please dress weather appropriate as some activities may take place outdoors (weather pending). Please bring a bottle of water and any additional snacks your child may want. If you child has any allergies please advise instructor at the beginning of the program. If you child has any allergies please bring a personal lunch.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kris directly at 250–516-9798.